Franklin, Tennessee, Family Court Lawyers
At Abernathy, Story, Stovall, Hood, Harris, Garner, Ashworth and Campbell, An Association of Attorneys, our Franklin, Tennessee, lawyers provide counsel and representation in a variety of family law matters. Having to consult an attorney about a family issue is seldom positive and is usually very stressful. Our attorneys ensure that clients understand their options and guide them through the legal process. Knowing that they have strong and caring advocacy is a great relief to many of our clients.
Family Law Matters
We help people in matters such as:
- Divorce: Whether your divorce is hotly contested or you agree with your spouse about everything, it is important to consult a family law attorney to learn about your rights and responsibilities.
- Child custody and support: Issues related to children are among the most disputed in divorce. Our attorneys help you resolve problems so as to minimize the impact of divorce on your children.
- Division of property and alimony: The law requires that marital property be divided equitably. Our lawyers will protect your rights during the property division process while helping you achieve a fair outcome. We also advise clients about paying and receiving alimony also known as spousal support.
- Juvenile court proceedings: Juvenile courts in Tennessee handle matters related to paternity. Because unmarried parents have the same responsibilities to their children as married parents, child support matters are commonly heard in juvenile court. Juvenile courts also resolve visitation disputes between unmarried parents and allegations of abuse and neglect.
- Relocations and post-divorce modifications: Even after your divorce is final, you will almost certainly need to work with your ex-spouse to deal with changes in your circumstances or those of your children.
Whatever your family law issues, our attorneys provide personal attention and the ability to help you resolve disputes that could affect you and your children for many years to come. Our lawyers' experience and deep knowledge of Tennessee family law has made a difference in the lives of many Middle Tennessee parents and children.
Contact a Williamson County family law lawyer to learn more about divorce and related matters in Tennessee.